Jaguars are well-known for their style, reliability, and performance. Owning a Jaguar comes with all the thrills of holding any other exotic car brand. However, like exotic cars, Jaguar requires routine maintenance for longevity. With the ravage of time, several parts will begin to wear and tear on your Jaguar. One of those parts that experience natural wear is the window regulator.
The window regulator is one of those parts that are in constant use. It is found inside your car door, and it moves the window up and down. The system houses a lot of smaller pieces, so much so that whenever it malfunctions, it is replaced instead of repaired.
There are several reasons why the window regulators are jammed and wouldn’t perform their function. Some of the reasons are:
- cold temperatures
- snapped or frayed cables in the regulator can cause the windows to seize and remain in one position
- faulty fuses in the door
- malfunctioning window sensors that detect blockage incorrectly
Signs of Malfunctioning Window Regulator
The signs will be there. All you need to do is pay enough attention to your Jaguar. Being attentive to your car allows you to detect faults easily and attend to them. The signs of a malfunctioning window regulator include:
- Strange sound: A car experiencing any fault makes weird sounds. For a faulty window regulator, you’ll hear grinding or clicking noises when the window is in motion. A buildup of dirt in the window can also be responsible for this and cause the window to make strange sounds. Still, it is better to have it checked out by a mechanic to be safe. You know your Jaguar better than anyone. If you notice an odd sound or suspect there is a problem, have it checked out for your peace of mind and to ensure the longevity of your car.
- The inability of windows to stay put: if the window regulator fails, the window may refuse to remain rolled up and could fall back into the door. This will require a window regulator replacement. When this happens, you must get it fixed immediately to protect your car and the properties inside it. If not, car burglars will find your vehicle an easy target to take your belongings or even steal your vehicle.
- Speed of the window: If the rate is too slow or too fast, the regulator has a problem. The window regulator is supposed to control the speed, but the pace is out of control when it starts to malfunction. The uncontrolled rate of the window is also a sign that the motor is dying and needs a fix.
- Slow response of the button: When your Jaguar is new, you notice that the window regulator responds swiftly to your touch. However, when it becomes faulty, the response is delayed, and you might have to press it a couple of times before it responds. Frayed cables might also be responsible for the delayed response. Hence, ensure to discuss with a technician before concluding that the fault is from the window regulator.
Master Mechanics Auto Repair Can Fix It
Repairing the faulty windows regulator of your Jaguar shouldn’t be an issue because Masters Mechanics Auto Repair is here to help. We know that accurate service and repair work is critical for the lifespan and performance of your vehicle. That’s why we offer high-quality maintenance work for your Jaguar and other popular European brands.
Our ASE-certified expert technicians at Master Mechanics can help your car get the services it needs without the high costs of the dealership. We perform all services and repairs and employ the latest factory-grade tools and equipment to ensure quality service with each visit.
We are located in Kalamazoo, MI, and also offer quality services to drivers in the surrounding areas of Battle Creek and Portage. No matter how big or small the job may be, our shop has the tools to ensure it gets done right. Call or visit us today to schedule a service appointment or if you have any questions and would like to speak with one of our mechanics. We look forward to earning your business.