Your Jaguar is most likely fitted with an exceptional air suspension system. It plays a crucial role in your overall control of your steering and how well your suspension mitigates dips and bumps in the road for your cabin comfort.
The air suspension system uses air springs, consisting of plastics and rubber with an airbag system. It is connected to an air compressor and electric controls. The air suspension system replaces the coil system with air springs. This entire setup is powered by an electric pump or compressor.
The function of the air suspension system is to maximize the overall performance of your Jaguar as it moves over road imperfections. The air suspension also uses compressed air to reduce your vehicle’s height. The air suspension absorbs shocks and distributes it evenly in your Jaguar’s suspension constantly as you drive.
Let’s have a closer look at some major components of an air suspension system:
- Coil springs: The coil springs of the air suspension system is the part that absorbs the gravitational force or the impact when your car hits a bump.
- Shock absorber: Shock absorbers are also referred to as dampers. These work hand in hand with the coil springs to reduce the impact of bumps and dips in the road.
- Linkages: Linkages/rods are parts of the suspension system that link the various parts of the system together.
- Joints/bearings: This part of the suspension system allows free movement. They serve as pivots and ensure easy gliding of the suspension system where it needs to flex and move.
Signs of a Faulty Air Suspension System
As you drive your Jaguar daily, the suspension system gets utilized day by day and sustains some wear and tear. Driving into potholes and bumps or crashing into an obstacle takes a toll on the suspension system. Once this happens, there are various signs to look for to detect a faulty suspension system to avoid further damage and extreme situations.
- Bouncing excessively over road imperfections
- Sagging on one side or a corner of your Jaguar
- Creaking or squeaking noises over bumps and dips on the road
- Unusual noises when turning corners
- Inability to keep your car in its lane without excessive steering
- Clunking noises when you hit a bump
If you notice the above signs when driving your Jaguar, it is prudent to bring your car into our shop for an inspection of its airbag suspension system. If the compress is faulty, it may not hold up the corner of your car properly. If a component is broken, it can cause your Jaguar to sway slightly in the lane or when cornering. This can become a major problem, so if you suspect something is amiss, it’s best to have it inspected by Jaguar experts.
Master Mechanics Auto Repair for Your Jaguar
Master Mechanics Auto Repair provides quality services and repairs for most popular European brands. Our company is located at East Kilgore Road in Kalamazoo, MI. Our experts at Master Mechanics will give your car the excellent services it needs but without the high costs of a dealership.
Our shop offers the same high-quality of maintenance work for Asian imports and Domestic vehicles as well. Instead of only helping a portion of drivers in the area, we make sure that no matter what you drive, we provide reliable, highly-experienced mechanics to assist you with your car’s needs. Our shop has been helping drivers in and around the Kalamazoo area for over 30 years. We also proudly serve clients in Battle Creek and Portage.
Our Services Include:
- A/C Repair
- Brake Repair
- Check Engine Light Service
- Computer & Electrical Diagnostics
- Engine Repairs
- Factory Scheduled Services
- Mileage Specific Maintenance
- Oil & Fluid Changes
- Suspension & Steering Maintenance
- Transmission Repairs
- Tire/Wheel Maintenance
We are fully available for bookings. You can schedule an appointment with us by calling us at 269-373-9000 or stopping by our address to speak with our friendly staff. It is our promise to you to provide the best car maintenance service in the area! If you have any questions and would like to speak with one of our mechanics, please call or visit us today!